- Israel, considered the Holy Land, is important for all three of Israel’s major religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
- With the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Jewish independence, lost almost 2,000 years earlier, was renewed.
- Geography: The shape of Israel is long and narrow. The country is about 290 miles in length and 85 miles in width at its widest point.
- Jews comprise some 75.4% of the country’s population, while the country’s non-Jewish citizens, mostly Arabs, number about 24.6%.
- Capital: Jerusalem (population 788,100)
- Official languages are Hebrew & Arabic
- Long-standing conflict between Israel and surrounding neighbors
- The Christian church in Israel is fragmented but the potential for unity is growing
- It is comprised of about 80% Arabs, 12% expatriates (Egyptian, Ethiopian, Greek, Russian, Armenian, Italian, others) and 8% Jews. There are Catholics (five rites), Orthodox (nine traditions) and Protestants/Independents (over 20 denominations, many individual congregations and over 100 mission agencies). Pray for spiritual unity that transcends history, ethnic conflict, national origins, eschatology and secondary areas of theology. (operationworld.org)
What YOU Can Do:
- Pray for Israel (Romans 11:25-27) Pray for unity of church & protection against the enemy.
- Go! Join our team as we preach, teach, share testimonies, worship, and train future leaders