- Former Soviet Republic
- The official language of Moldova is Romanian (used to be part of Romania during interwar period)
- Since the breakup of the Soviet Union, Moldova has suffered a political & economic crisis, including a devastation Civil War in the early ’90s
- Considered the poorest nation in Europe
- Ranks at the top in human trafficking & illegal organ harvesting
- The Moldovan people are in need of True Hope
- The youth need to be rescued from sexual exploitation
- The local churches have requested help & training in evangelism and other areas of ministry including: church administration, men’s outreach, women’s outreach, youth ministry, etc
What YOU Can Do:
- Pray for Moldova – the people have lost hope in the political solution for their many problems
- Go! Join our team as we go to Romaina & Moldova to preach, teach, train leaders, and distribute Bibles
- Send Bibles to Moldova
- Romania is in southeast Europe and is slightly smaller than Oregon.
- Geographical points: Carpathian Mountains divide Romania’s upper half from north to south. Transylvanian Alps. Plains of Moldavia and Walachia
- Romania has an ongoing political crisis & the struggling economy has left many of its citizens frustrated.
- Main religion: Orthodox
- Minorities in Romania lack rights and have been the target of discrimination and isolation
- Many Romanians emigrate to other countries, especially to Spain, in search of prosperity
- Even though most Romanians claim to be Christian, little evidence is seen in their lifestyles. Romania has one of the highest abortion rates in the world, and difficulties from drug abuse, prostitution, and pornography reflect the emotional state of many.
What YOU Can Do:
- Pray for Romania
- Go! Join our team as we go to Romania & Moldova to preach, teach, train leaders, and distribute Bibles
- Send Bibles to Romania