Northern Iraq 2019
- An autonomous region in the northern part of Iraq populated by the Kurdish minority group.
- The Kurdish Government was able to establish safety and peace in the region and protects the secure border between the rest of Iraq and their territory.
- The Kurdish people have been severely persecuted under Saddam Hussein’s regime which used chemical weapons against them.
- Main religions among the Iraqi Kurds are Islam and Yezidism, with Christianity growing fast.
- Since 2012 Northern Iraq has been flooded by refugees. First from Syria, and now from other parts of Iraq.
- The number of refugees and their needs became a humanitarian crisis.
- They are in need of food, clothing, medical care, and JESUS.
- Women’s rights are violated and abuse of women is prevalent.
- The WMA church in Northern Iraq is growing fast and needs help in training the new converts who have expressed interest in becoming future Christian leaders.
What YOU Can Do:
- Pray – few evangelical churches exist in these countries
- Go – join the team to preach teach, train future Christian leaders, conduct a women’s outreach and women’s conference, help with Bible distribution and youth outreach.
- Help distribute aid for the refugees.
- Send Bibles