If you need to raise funds for your mission trip to Thailand, here is how we suggest you get started.
1.Read Our E-book 10 Great Ways to Fundraise for Your Mission Trip. You can download it here
2. Send A Support Letter to everyone you know and ask them to send it to everyone they know. Remember to include a link in your emails and online posts to our “Give” page https://rfwma.org/give/ or to your personal fundraising page if you set one up so it’s very easy for those the Lord prompts to support your mission trip to give. We will send you updates on any donations that come in for your trip. Below is the support letter template we’ve written for the Macedonia 2022 trip. It’s completely editable and you may use it however you’d like to get the word out about the opportunity you have to join this mission and how anyone who wants to can support in prayer and financially.
Dear Friends & Family,
You are among the first people I share the amazing news in my life. I was invited to be a part of a groundbreaking mission’s trip to Thailand January 12-22, 2024 with World Missions Alliance.
I will travel to this nation for a very specific and timely mission to reach the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand, the most oppressed people group in the nation.
Here are some recent statistics about the “Hilltribe” people and Thailand:
- The average “hilltribe” person lives on less than $1.00 US a day–this is 12 times less than what an average Thai citizen lives on.
- Many Thai schools do not accept “hilltribe” children and in cases where they do, the children are given little support with the costs of schooling and materials.
- 1 of every 3 sex workers in Northern Thailand comes from a “hilltribe” family
I will have an opportunity to reach out to these people in the northernmost city of Thailand, Chiang Rai and work with local churches, orphanages, prisons, universities and the drug rehabilitation center.
World Missions Alliance has been strategically placed by God in the world’s “hot spots” at the most crucial time in history. Each of their trips to the nation of calling coincided with a major historic event and I know that this trip shall be no different.
You can read more about the hosts of this mission here: http://www.rfwma.org
I am writing to ask for your help in 2 areas. First and foremost I ask you to pray for the success of this trip. We’ve already begun planning, getting passports, purchasing airplane tickets etc. We need God’s guidance in every aspect of this trip. So your prayers are extremely important.
Next, I am asking you to consider helping financially if you can do it. I truly believe the Lord is directing this mission and your money will be sown into very fertile soil. Upon return I will be excited to share with you about the Harvest that will be yours as well. I need $1800 for expenses there (hotel, food, transportation, cost of interpreters, ect.) and my flight cost of approximately $1000.
Your gift is tax deductible and checks should be made out to World Missions Alliance (or W.M.A.) and designated to the missionary support of (my name). You can send the funds to me or directly to World Missions Alliance to P.O. Box 1067 Branson West, MO 65737. You can also make a donation by credit/debit card on the WMA website www.rfwma.org/give
Thanks for taking time to read this and thanks in advance for your support. You will be a vital part of everything God will do in Thailand. I can’t wait to share with you the incredible account of this mission!
3. Online/Social Media Post Template
If you’re interested in running an online fundraiser for your trip to Thailand, here is some info that you are welcome to use. You may edit the below paragraph any way you’d like or use it as is.
Friends, I have been invited to join World Missions Alliance on an urgent and timely mission trip to Thailand January 12-22, 2024. Our mission is to partner with the local church to reach the most vulnerable and underprivileged segments of the population through evangelistic outreach and ministry. I will need to raise $(fill in the blank with the amount you still need to raise) to go and want to give you the opportunity to get involved in what God is going to do in Thailand on this mission. I invite you to touch the heart of God today with your love and generosity. No gift amount is too small. Giving on the WMA website is safe, quick and easy. Just click here https://rfwma.org/give/ and select “support a missionary” from the drop-down menu and remember to put my name, (Your Name), in the notes section. All donations are tax deductible. You can also support by praying for me, the team, and the mission as well as sharing this opportunity with everyone you know. Thank you in advance for your quick response and generosity. I’m so excited to see what God is going to do!!
4. Personal Fundraising Page on the WMA Website
With an approved application and $200 deposit you will be able to create a personal fundraising page on our website which can be easily shared in your letters, emails and social media posts regarding fundraising for your mission trip. Please contact Denise at 417-231-4131 or email@example.com to request instructions for creating your personal fundraising page.