UPDATED 10/19/23 – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
There are times when World Missions Alliance (WMA) will incur field expenses, such as travel deposits, lodging, etc as early as 4-6 weeks prior to a scheduled mission trip. To keep future trips affordable for our missionaries, the following cancellation and refund policy will apply to your payments for the land portion of your trip.
(Note: missionary support donated for your trip by someone other than your immediate family member cannot be refunded.)
- The $200 deposit/administrative fee will secure your spot on a trip and is non-refundable.
After the trip’s final payment deadline: The trip’s $200 deposit/Administration fee becomes non-transferable. A tax-deductible receipt will be provided for this payment.
- Up to six (6) weeks prior to the trip start date, the deposit/administrative fee of $200 will not be refunded however can be transferred to a future trip* with WMA. Any remaining balance of your contribution will be refunded to you or can also be applied to a future trip* with WMA.
- From six (6) weeks to 30-days prior to the trip start date, 50% of your remaining contribution can be refunded to you; said funds can also be applied to a future trip* with WMA. The remaining 50%, less your $200 deposit, will be applied to a future trip* with WMA.
- From 30-days up to two (2) weeks prior to the trip start date, 50% of your contribution can be applied to a future trip* with WMA; a tax-deductible receipt will be provided for the remaining 50% of your contribution, which will be applied to general ministry operations.
- If a trip cancellation happens two (2) weeks or less prior to the trip start date, any contribution made by you will be applied to general ministry operations; a tax-deductible receipt will be provided.
Airline Cancellations– Please note that there will be no refunds on trips that cancel due to airlines canceling routes for any reason, including but not limited to operational issues, strikes, acts of God, terrorism or any unforeseen circumstances. (Highly recommended to get travel insurance that will cover these situations).
Transfer of Funds to Another Missionary– If a participant can no longer attend the mission trip due to an unforeseen and qualifying circumstance (such as a medical emergency), they may request to transfer their funds to another eligible missionary.
Tax Deductible Receipts- Contributions made by third parties in your name, in accordance with IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit regulations, are non-refundable and will be used to support our ongoing mission to fulfill the Great Commission worldwide. Any funds not refunded to you will be directed towards WMA’s general ministry operations, and a tax-deductible receipt will be issued to acknowledge your generous donation.
Cancellation by WMA- WMA reserves the right to cancel a mission trip due to unforeseen circumstances or events that may endanger participants’ safety, including but not limited to political instability, natural disasters, or other significant safety concerns. In such cases, WMA will make reasonable efforts to provide alternative mission trip options or reschedule the trip.
In the event of a trip cancellation by WMA, that was not a result of disruption due to airline cancellations (item 3) or countries barring tourists, participants will be entitled to a refund, minus any non-recoverable expenses already incurred by WMA. (Having travel insurance will help protect your funds in this situation)
*Future Trips: All funds applied toward future trips resulting from a trip cancellation must be used within 14-months from the original cancelled trip start date.
WMA strongly recommends the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance, which includes coverage for trip cancellation, lost luggage, emergency evacuation, and medical expenses. This will protect any funds that are nonrefundable as well as cost for flights and other travel expenses.
While WMA has no affiliation with any insurance providers, we have successfully used the insurance companies mentioned below for our staff and missionaries. However, you may pick any other provider of your choice.
AVAILABLE COVERAGE PLANS
COMPREHENSIVE TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE is available for purchase within 20 days of you making your first trip payment. To get more information or to purchase trip cancellation insurance please contact Adam Bates at 800-647-4589 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AFTER 20 DAYS FROM MAKING YOUR FIRST TRIP PAYMENT there are still many other customizable insurance coverage options available such as trip cancellation, trip interruption, and cancel-for-any reason insurance. While your airline may offer insurance for your flight, we have found private insurance companies such as these listed below often offer comparable if not better coverage options at similar if not lower prices.
Insurance Services of America
(800) 647-4589 – Work | (480) 821-9052 – Work
Agency Director – Devoted Father, Fan of all Boston Teams, Global Citizen
NOAH JAMES INSURANCE
Katy, TX USA
Mobile: (617) 676-7858
Please feel free to contact WMA if you have any questions or require further clarification regarding this policy. Your cooperation and understanding are greatly appreciated as we work together to continue fulfilling the Great Commission around the world.