February 11-21, 2019
About the Trip:
Help take support and relief to the refugees in the Kurdistan Autonomous Region of Northern Iraq.
Ministry opportunities include: Evangelistic outreach, women’s ministry, humanitarian aid, and medical clinic outreach.
How you can help: Send survival packs to refugee families in Northern Iraq.
Northern Iraq Facts:
- An autonomous region in the northern part of Iraq populated by the Kurdish minority group.
- The Kurdish Government was able to establish safety and peace in the region and protects the secure border between the rest of Iraq and their territory.
- The Kurdish people have been severely persecuted under Saddam Hussein’s regime which used chemical weapons against them.
- Main religions among the Iraqi Kurds are Islam and Yezidism, with Christianity growing fast.
Northern Iraq Needs:
- Since 2012 Northern Iraq has been flooded by refugees. First from Syria, and now from other parts of Iraq.
- The number of refugees and their needs became a humanitarian crisis.
- They are in need of food, clothing, medical care, and JESUS.
- Women’s rights are violated and abuse of women is prevalent.
- The WMA church in Northern Iraq is growing fast and needs help in training the new converts who have expressed interest in becoming future Christian leaders.
To join WMA team for the first time you need to:
- Fill out and send us by mail or email the following application form
- Submit a brief letter of recommendations from your pastor or spiritual mentor (by mail or email). The letter should include his/her contact information
Other Ways To Help
Help Send a Missionary
Send Bibles to Iraq
Send Survival Packs to
Refugee Families in Iraq